Pageshttps://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=10214808197358211&id=1824180469

WHATS ON

2017 - VISIT TAMBUNAN YEAR
SELAMAT KEMBALI KE SEKOLAH

12 May 2009

The Story of the People of the Rock

Stories have an undeniable effect on people. Let's mention, brothers in Islam, one of the stories about one of the earlier nations as narrated by the Prophet (Salla AlItaliclahu Alaihi Wa Sallam) so that we can deduce useful lessons.
Bukhari and Muslim reported that `Abdullah bin `Umar (may Allah be pleased with him) said: I heard the Prophet (Salla Allahu Alaihi Wa Sallam) say: “While three persons were traveling, the night fell and they had to enter a cave in a mountain in order to spend the night. A big rock rolled over and blocked the mouth of the cave. They said to each other: Nothing could rescue you but invoking Allah with the best deed you have performed (so Allah might remove the rock)”. One of them said, 'O Allah! My parents were old and I used to go out to collect wood. On my return I would milk (the animals) and take the milk in a vessel to my parents to drink. After they had drunk from it, I would give it to my children, family and wife. One day I was delayed and on my return I found my parents sleeping, but I disliked to wake them up, or to feed my family before them. I waited with the vessel in my hand with my children crying at my feet (because of hunger) until dawn when they woke up and drank their share of the milk. O Allah! If You regard that I did it for Your sake, then please remove this rock so that we may see the sky.' So, the rock was moved a bit but it was too small for them to get out.

The second said, 'O Allah! You know that I was in love with a cousin of mine, like the deepest love a man may have for a woman, and I tried to seduce her but she refused, until one day she became in need of money, and she came to me for help, so I offered her one hundred and twenty Dinaars (gold currency) provided she gives in to my desire, and she accepted. When I sat in between her legs, she said to me: Fear Allah, and asked me not to deflower her except rightfully (by marriage). So, I got up and left her, though she was the most desired and beloved to me, and made her keep the money. O Allah! If You regard that I did it for Your sake, kindly remove this rock.' So, the rock was moved a bit but it was to small for them to get out.

Then the third man said, “O Allah! Once I employed workers, and I paid them, except one who left with out taking his due share, so I invested it and from it great wealth developed. After some time that man came and demanded his money. I said to him: Go to those camels, cows and the shepherd and take them for they are all for you. He asked me not to mock him. I told him that I was not mocking him, so he took it all and left nothing behind. O Allah! If You regard that I did it sincerely for Your sake, then please remove the rock. So, the rock was removed completely from the mouth of the cave, and they came out walking”.

Servants of Allah! Think over this great story. These three persons remembered Allah and followed his commands when they were free from any troubles and Allah saved them when they were in distress. Hence, whenever a man fulfills his duties towards Allah during times of ease, Allah will support him in times of worry, trouble and distress; He will be Most Gracious to him and facilitate maters for him. Allah says which translates as: " … And whosoever fears Allah, He will make for him a way out ( from hardships). And will provide him from sources he could never imagine" (At-Talaaq: 2-3). He also said which translates as: "And whosoever fears Allah, He will make his matter easy for him" (At- Talaaq: 4).

The first man in the cave gave a great example of dutifulness towards his parents. Throughout the whole night, he was holding the vessel of milk not allowing his children nor himself to drink (until his parents had drunk their share). He did not even disturb his parents by waking them up until dawn. This indicates the excellence of having and showing dutifulness to parents and that it is a means for facilitating one's affairs and avoiding distress. Dutifulness to one's parents is the best act of keeping relations with one's family and relatives. The Prophet (Salla Allahu Alaihi Wa Sallam) said: "Whoever would like to have wider provisions and prolong his life, should keep good relations with his kith and kin" (Al-Bukhari & Muslim).

No comments:

Post a Comment